Paris, February 28, 2018 – Medicen Paris Region, Europe’s leading health cluster, today announces a series of events organized for its members, alone or in collaboration with its partners, for the first half of 2018.
Medicen Paris Region, in addition to custom support and the fostering of new projects, offers a series of events, including ‘Thursday meetings’, conferences and workshops to its members. These provide information and tools for their commercial development, international expansion, networking activities and access to state-of-the-art knowledge in their respective scientific fields.
The ‘Thursday meetings’ are monthly information meetings on topical themes regarding the everyday life of the ecosystem.
The thematic workshops will focus in particular on financing issues in relation to French innovation support schemes like the Forfait Innovation, clinical trials, industrialization and market access phases, as well as European regulations.
For those companies seeking international development, the cluster arranges meetings with representatives from a number of regions around the world where the healthcare and medical industries are booming, such as Quebec (Canada) and Wallonia (Belgium). Delegations are also planned for events in Germany and North America.
The cluster organizes events in collaboration with various organizations (SNITEM, Business France, Eurobiomed, DGE or EIT Health) to provide targeted action in each health sector.
Medicen also provides training and development opportunities for healthcare students and graduates through a number of forums.
“Beyond these numerous meetings, we always keep an eye on the underlying trends in key sectors. One of the upcoming highlights in April will be our symposium on the effect of blockchain technology on healthcare,” said Béatrice Falise-Mirat, CEO of Medicen Paris Region. “The studies carried out in collaboration with France Biotech and the Banque de France reinforce our economic development objectives in the Ile-de-France region.”
These events are open to all members of the cluster. In total, 23 are on the agenda in addition to the welcome session for all new members, the General Assembly and the annual Medicen Day:
- March 22: ‘Thursday meeting’
- April 12: Workshop: Market access and reimbursement of in vitro diagnostics (IVD) products in France
- April 13: Symposium: Will blockchain technology transform the health sector?
- April 26: ‘Thursday meeting’
- May 15 & 16: Franco-Quebecker symposium on health innovation
- May 31: ‘Thursday meeting’
- June 5: Welcome session for new members
- June 19: BioWin and Medicen joint event on imaging and digital themes
- June 27: Workshop: New European regulation and challenges for the IVD sector
- June 28:‘Thursday meeting’
If you would like to attend any of the events, please register here:
Events organized with a partner:
- March 14: B2B meetings organized by Paris Region Enterprises: Connected health lab meetings
- May 25: Microbiota with INRA
- June 6: 4th Innovation day for the medical device sector in Paris, SNITEM
- June 14-15: Biomarkers days in Montpellier, Eurobiomed
- June 18-21: Health clusters combined action with the DGE at BIONNALE in Berlin for biotech SMEs and CROs with Medicen as a reference cluster
- June 25: Business France / Medicen judging panel for the CARE talk and tour session for digital health start-ups in North America
- June 26-27: MEDFIT (Strasbourg) for medtech SMEs where Medicen plans joint actions with GoGlobal EIT HEALTH
- March 29: Forum on work-study training programs in health industries (LEEM)
- May 17: Recruitment forum: A career in biology (Sorbonne University)
- Jan 17: Presentation of the France Biotech panorama with Medicen
- Jan 24: Results of the Banque de France study
- Jan 25: Thursday meeting – F-CRIN – partner in your clinical trials
- Jan 30: Workshop ‘Anticipating industrialization phases’ for regenerative medicine
- Feb 2: MEDICEN DAY 2018
- Feb 14: Workshop ‘Financing Innovative Healthcare Projects’
- Feb 22: Workshop ‘Presentation and User Guide for the Forfait Innovation’
About Medicen Paris Region
Medicen Paris Region is a competitiveness cluster for innovative health technologies, with national and international scope. With more than 300 companies, research centers, universities, hospitals and local authorities as members, it aims to position the Paris region as Europe’s leading healthcare cluster. It focuses on five strategic areas: biological diagnostics, diagnostic and interventional imaging, regenerative medicine and biomaterials, digital health and translational medicine. In close collaboration with local, regional and national healthcare innovation players, Medicen Paris Region aims to:
- Foster the emergence, development and funding of certified collaborative projects in the healthcare sector, in order to create economic value and jobs
- Increase the international development of innovative startups and SMEs
- Strengthen the attractiveness of the Paris region, which represents more than 50% of life sciences activity in France
Since the creation of the cluster in 2005, 62 innovative products have been launched in the imaging, medical devices and biological tools sectors. The cluster has certified 292 projects. They received funding from the French government (French Inter-Ministry Fund FUI, Structuring Projects fund), the public investment bank Bpifrance, the National Research Agency, the European Regional Development Fund, the Investments for the Future program and/or local authorities, and the Paris region. Total investment is close to €1.9 billion ($2.3bn) and €533 million ($635M) of public aid.